Monday, April 5, 2010

ANIME #3

And in our third installment of the anime blogs, let me introduce...
INUYASHA!


I love this anime. Very heartwarming yet full of evil stuff and comic relief characters. All the best things in life are in InuYasha.
The plot of the story is that Kagome, a school girl in modern day Japan, falls down a well and goes back in time to about 500 years ago when InuYasha and his strange friends existed. (Suspend your disbelief for the sake of the story...) Kagome can travel back and forth between the two worlds, living her normal life in her world and helping InuYasha search for a magical stone in his world.
Twist? Kagome is an incarnation of an evil witch from Inu's time who trapped the magical stone in different places, making it nearly impossible to get, and she also was the one to trap Inu to the tree. Funnily enough, it was her reincarnation who set him free and then fell in love with him.
Life's funny like that. :D


The word 'InuYasha' in Japanese means dog-demon, and that's pretty much what Inu is, but he's only a part demon. So for the most part, he's normal, minus the ears. He's an angry sort of guy but he's sweet deep down.
Of course, being part demon, he sometimes looks like this...


and other looks like this.


personally, I like him both ways. Demon is much more sexy, though.
So, for someone as anti-sentimental as I, you'd think this would have to be a damn good show to make me like it. It's all gooey and mushy and silly. Gehhhh. Why do I watch it?
I don't know. But Henceforth, you should watch it too.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the attraction to this for me is the part human part demon bit, the funny side, the diversity of emotion that is apparently involved and from my constant picking-it-up-in-jb-hifi-every-freakin-time-i-go-there-contemplating-whether-or-not-to-buy-it-or-atleast-watch-a-few-eps-on-youtube-or-something, there are a shitload of seasons which is super sweet if its good cos #1, you want it to last forever and #...it would look awesome as a collection in my bedroom.

    so there you go. your tastes in anime seem to tickle more than your own fancy.

    the only thing that has detered me is the look of the first couple of seasons where it looks like old anime...i need the most awesome graphics in my anime. but thats shallow so i may give it a go one day.

    thanks darcinessalitite (darcie-ness-ali-tite)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I saw Claymore in gametraders. Don't buy your anime from JB HiFi, they're such bastards.
    And I don't buy anime, even though it looks good in a collection, I am far too broke and underprivileged to buy it.
    you know full metal alchemist costs like 90 dollars for the first season? not even that, it's more like the first quarter of the first season. D: too expensive.
    of course, being licensed it makes it much harder to download.... arrr, my piratey habits....
    i'll repent next time i'm at church.

    ReplyDelete