Monday, April 5, 2010

Zelda 2010


The Legend of Zelda has got to be one of my favourite video games of all time. Undoubtedly.
After hearing rumors of a new game being released this year, myself and my trusty companion Google went investigating and discovered a few tasty tidbits to do with the 2010 Zelda game.
The producers of past Zelda games hinted at developing a new (yet to have an official title) game in 2008, and announced in January this year that it was expected to be released sometime this year, and later on in February they confirmed it was going to be released at the E3 conference in LA in June.
So it's not just a myth, or a practical joke (like IGN's Zelda movie in 2008...) and is actually going to happen. ^_^ can barely contain my fangirly excitement.
The picture here is the only officially released art from the new game. Don't know who the new character is but hot diggity, Link is looking as sexy as ever. :D
However, a little bit of unwelcome news comes with all the other delicious news.
One of the producers said at an interview that "So far, the basic flow of the Zelda games is you’re exploring a field, you go to a dungeon, you conquer it and return to the field. We’re looking at altering that traditional flow."
NOOOOOOOOOOO
Stop breaking tradition, you bastards!
Zelda has been the same since the 80s and has always been epic. I wasn't actually alive but I just know it must have been great...
Still, I am excited. Perhaps, if they are as fantastic as I think they are, they can still make a good game, still as baffling and mind-crushing even if it is not quite the same. Essentially, it has always been Link vs Ganondorf with a bit of Princess Zelda on the side. Hopefully they'll keep it all that way, and still add different elements.
Henceforth, counting down the minutes. I do not want to be disappointed, and neither does the world.
Come on, Nintendo. Show us what you got.

4 comments:

  1. When has nintendo ever let us down...? Oh wait.. the wii itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah. they pretty much designed the wii for twilight princess though. that is dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (L) Bought the Wii just for Twilight Princess too. Absolutely loved it. Only discovered the games when I got my GameBoy Colour, around Oracle of Seasons/Ages time so missed some good games I presume :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely - ocarina of time was the shizz. was only four when it came out but I used to play it with my cousins for days on end. We finished majora's mask in three days at my cousin's place once. :D
    gooooood times.

    ReplyDelete