Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Becoming Feminimenim...

....I can't say feminine properly. I don't know why.
Anyway. Point of this post being, when is it appropriate to become totally feminized? I'm not quite sure whether I should be ashamed or proud of the fact that I know some blokes who are more girly than me...
I was thinking about this as I epic failed at painting my nails this afternoon. (Painting them black, of course...)
A lot of girls I know try to force themselves to be more girly. I mean, I can't wear heels. I could go to a party wearing heels and everyone would think I was drunk, when it's actually just an overdose of femaleness.
Can't brush my hair, I don't like it. Don't like makeup. It is far too bothersome and sparkly.
I don't get the whole social pressure to be girly. My friends can accept me for not wanting to wear a dress, so why can't everyone else?
Not to mention the fact girls need to relax a little. I mean, we take care of pretty much everything on this planet - we can afford to lay back and not care about mascara every now and then.
So that's my rant for this afternoon. Henceforth, I'm pretty sure if a lot of other girls I know started acting more like boys, everyone would get along much more better.
Don't as why, it's just a theory. It's not like they're all going to go out and buy converse shoes, start listening to GOOD MUSIC, read comic books and wear band shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment