Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The 100th Post

Conveniently timed the day after the new blog design was revealed and also the afternoon I got my hands on the Neverender DVD.


It's the DVD concert of Coheed and Cambria's Neverender tour (I call it a tour, there were only two shows). I would have sold my soul to go to this concert, but Ticketmaster don't take souls as payment... bastards.
It was an epic concert, filmed over four consecutive nights at their New York concert where they played every single song from their first four albums, which are...
- The Second Stage Turbine Blade
- In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
- Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness
- Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 2: No World For Tomorrow

Awesome four CDs, they're a part of the Amory Wars saga (which is also a collection of graphic novels) and the albums are concept albums that tell the story of the saga.
Wikipedia has a blurb for the Amory Wars here that sounds very cool...

The Amory Wars takes place in Heaven's Fence, a collection of 78 planets held in place by interconnecting beams of energy, known as the Keywork. The story revolves around the messianic Claudio Kilgannon, son of Coheed Kilgannon and Cambria Kilgannon. Over the course of the story, Claudio assumes the mantle of The Crowing, foretold savior of Heaven's Fence. In the end, he must face the "Supreme Tri-mage" Wilhelm Ryan, absolute ruler of Heaven's Fence and the one ultimately responsible for the death of Claudio's family.

Sounds intriguing, does it not? I haven't read the books (yet) but I'll get my hands on them one day. When I actually have some moneys.
So this is a great DVD, epic in every sense of the word and I would definitely recommend watching it if you'd like to get a taste of Co&Ca (if you've got five or so hours to kill, that is...). I love the band, they're talented and prodigious and I'm proud to have them feature in my 100th Post.
Henceforth, we shall continue this blog past the 100-post mark, to infinity and... I can't finish that phrase because it's probably copyright. :D

1 comment: