Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sweet Jesus!

I'm going to Canada in a week and four days. Is anyone else as excited as I am? Really, really, really looking forward to this. We live in the backend of neverwhere. Perth is Woop woop to the rest of the world. I mean, comparing Perth to the world is like comparing Yandanooka to Perth.
Don't know where Yandanooka is? Good, don't ever go there.
See my point?
I'm trying to put us into perspective.
But, my itinerary is as follows. Not sure of some exact dates, but I'll get back to you on that one.

> Thursday 24th June, leaving for San Fransisco, stopping over in Sydney.
> Two nights in San Fransisco before crossing the border to Canada.
> God knows how long in Canada, about two and a half weeks trekking around all the most important places. Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Lake Loise and Banff, Prince Edward Island, Montreal, Toronto, Victoria. Etc. Not in that order, I don't think.
> Few nights in New York, back in America where the Krispy Kremes are at.
> Flight to LONDON! I only found out recently that we're going to London also. :D Will be radical.
> Back home through Singapore, getting cheap perfume and chocolate on the way.

Apparently it was cheaper to buy four round the world tickets and go to London as well as Canada and America, even with hotels included, than it was to buy four direct flights to America.
Lucky lucky.

You might all hate me at the moment, but it's really special for me. We haven't been on a holiday for so long and we have spent so much money renovating that we've gone nowhere in the past few years, except for dusty road trips through places like Eneabba and Meekatharra... yeah.... you know... so this is going to be amazing.

I'll be setting up a travel blog before I go away, I'll let you know when it's up.

I also plan on buying craploads of touristy things. I was going to bring everyone back a bottle of maple syrup, but not only would that weigh about twenty kilos, I'd have nowhere to really put it, and the customs people might think I'm a drug smuggler.

So, we'll see.

Henceforth, two exams to go and then I am going exploring!

11 comments:

  1. I WANNA COME TOOOO!!!

    hope u have an amazing time:P
    while we're all here schooling. and banding... without a bassist-_-

    emerson step up?? oh wait.. no bass. gah...

    sounds like an epic trip:P n im sure i can forgive u for no maple syrup

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, if I was really nice I'd let Emerson borrow the bass for the weeks I'm away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :(

    TIS GONNA BE SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!
    I never got excited about my big trip last year, but im conor. Excitement comes a long time after its due. its good your excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God damn Conor, you are (scientifically) the worst person to get excited with. Except for the Starburst Song...goooood times...

    Emerson! Nicely ask Darcie if you may borrow the bassage...temporarily...

    ReplyDelete
  5. canadia!!! you gotta bring us all back a maple tree each... darcie, now im expecting it... -.-

    ReplyDelete
  6. lololol America's hat IS Canada, that makes latin america, America's torso, and south america, americas trousers, and the Falklands, America's shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please note that I used the word "henceforth" in my Physics exam, as a bon voyage present to you.

    Also please note that you leave on the day that Toy Story 3 is released.

    YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM PIXAR, DARCIE!! THEY WILL GET YOU TO SEE THEIR MOVIE!!

    in fact, Pixar has just opened up a second studio in canada, so look out for that.

    what i'm trying to say through all this ramblingment is, have a good trip!

    also, thanks for letting me borrow Rover :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aha thankyou guys :) I will bring many many gifts home to you fantastic larrakins. :D i'm going to miss you all so very much. but i'll email you frantically and still have very much of a presence in your lives! you can never escape from me!
    oh damn. toy story.
    it'll still be on when i retuneth :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh. i has plan.
    would i be able to take Rover off your hands after band on tuesday, if it's all still okay?

    ReplyDelete