Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ocarina of Time on 3DS


So, they haven't really said much about the 3DS, except that it's Nintendo, 3D and it's awesome.

They've just announced that they are going to recreate the Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, as well as games such as Starfox 64, Mario Kart and Kid Icarus.The system was debuted at E3 2010 with a mixture of tech demos and games -- some of which are ports of older games, such as 1997's Star Fox 64 and 1998's The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Of the new version of Zelda, Miyamoto said, "One of the reasons that we wanted to create that, three years ago when we started creating the 3DS hardware and we saw that screen, one of my first thoughts was that I wanted to experience that vast field in Hyrule again with the 3D screen. I felt that if you were able to run around in that field you would feel like you were in the land of Hyrule."

He also spoke about a game called Steel Diver, which began as a tech demo shown at E3 2004, at the debut of the original Nintendo DS. "The development on that project is moving along nicely... It's almost done. And the reason for that is that we've been making it for the last six years."

...I dunno about you, but I think I might be getting one of these. :)

So, lots of good news about our good friend Link recently.
Henceforth, prepare yourself. Next year, we shall meet again...

3 comments:

  1. I also read that you don't need glasses to experience (yeah, experience) the 3D, and that it also includes two cameras on the front so you can take your own 3D pics.

    that's pretty damn cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post Darcie. I like the image, pretty cool.
    Iv got the full specs n shite on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, mine is pretty brief. but you're the expert on this sort of thing, i doubt anyone can be bothered reading my technological insights. (or lack thereof)

    ReplyDelete