Sunday, June 6, 2010

You know Jesus hates you when...

Your printer wakes you up before seven o'clock in the morning. Yeah, my printer. It decided to clean itself out after a long hard weekend of doing absolutely jack because it's a stupid piece of crap that likes to make my life miserable, so it decided to stretch it's hunklebunner and clean out the dordyfang. (Unless you hadn't noticed, I'm not really up to date with the internal workings of printers.)
By the way, I'm not alive. Never-ending studying has taken away my will to live. I'm not sure why we have to remember everything - in the real world, if a historian, say, had to complete an article about ancient Egypt or whatever the fritz* they talk about, would the director say something along the lines of, "Hey, mr. Historian man, you. I was just curious as to whether you could write me a report, but you can't use any books, references, talk to anyone else or even use Wikipedia. Cool? Cool, I'll see you on Monday. Click, beep, beep, your call has ended."
The director didn't say that last bit, by the way. That was the phone...
I don't get why we aren't allowed to use sources in our exams. It's stupid, nobody works like this in the real world. They're preparing us for life in a universe that simply doesn't exist. Things just don't work this way. It's stupid and annoying and I really don't like studying.
That's my ramble for the morning, hope everyone else is having fun with study.
Henceforth, study is a waste of time. (As if it wasn't before.)
I'll see you all throughout the week unless I have decided that I'd rather drop off the face of the planet.... bai.


*Fritz: a German chess program developed by Frans Morsch and Mathias Feist and published by ChessBase. There is also a version called Deep Fritz that is designed for multi-processing. The latest versions of the consumer products are Deep Fritz 12 and Fritz 12. They came with stellar recommendations by International Master Josh Waitzkin, who said that "Fritz is like a woman that you can't get with. It just drives you to think in ways you've never thought before."
... Yeah, fritz!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap! My printer does that too! I foresee a printer uprising... :S

    ReplyDelete