Monday, March 22, 2010

Literature

I'm in literature
with Nicole
studying...
yay...
Blogging for lack of a better thing to do because I am not in the mood for Alexandr Solzhenitsyn.

This is Alexandr. Say hello, Alex...

Just look at that... really, can you ever be in the mood for Solzhenitsyn? We have to write an essay about something. 'The resolution of a novel must satisfty the reader or the author has failed to write successfully - discuss with reference to One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich."

Or, alternatively, "Discuss how the author has constructed out of the novel One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich out of his own experience and the history of Soviet Russia. What was his purpose for writing?"

And now, I leave you to your misery, as I try to deal with my own. He's a literary genius, they say... well that may be the case, but he is also old and boring and writes strange symbolistic stories that make little or no sense until you read them the seventh time.

I'm sure life will improve soon.

Henceforth, don't fall asleep in class ever again.

2 comments:

  1. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich is the worst book I have ever attempted to read ... I got to page 32 ...

    Year 12 Lit is more fun and less boring and pointless ... so far anyway !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me want to drown myself while skulling bleach and slitting my wrists.
    But apart from that, it's not a bad read.

    ReplyDelete